Minister Lindiwe Sisulu
Acrylic on Canvas,
Minister Lindiwe Sisulu
Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
Acrylic on Canvas
W: 610mm x H: 760mm x D: 35mm
W: 24" x H: 30" x D: 1"
This work is
framed (but can be supplied either framed or unframed)
About "Minister Lindiwe Sisulu"
Commissioned by SA Army Foundation.
The original sales price of this painting differed from the listed price, as this was a direct commission to the artist and therefore not subject to agent's/gallery commission.
Remove Juanita from your favorite artists list
Add Juanita to your favorite artists list
View all 62 works by Juanita Benade
Juanita is a visual artist specializing in Fine Art and Corporate Commissions for engineering, aviation and military related industries, as well as private clients.
She was one of the founding members of the "South African Guild of Aviation, Military and Maritime Artists", a Special Interest Group affiliated with the South African Air Force Museum, Zwartkop Air Force Base.
Currently she is in the research phase of an extensive project on the subject of "Horses in War and Peace".
Commissioning highlights from her career include among others:
* A World War 1 Commemorative Commission by the UK-based family of Capt. D.J. Bell MC & Bar, on his last patrol over Thiepval, France.
* Airborne Engineering Commissions by 44 Parachute Engineer Regiment and the South African Army Engineer Formation.
* Several Formal Portraiture Commissions by the South African Army Foundation.
* A Commemorative Commission by the South African Air Force Museum, Zwartkop. The work depicts the Museum's C47 Dakota as part of the Dakota's 75th Anniversary Maiden Flight commemorations.
* Various other genre works as private and corporate commissions for local as well as international clients.
Research and Illustrated Published Articles include among others:
* The Alouette III. "From Dragonflies to Birds of Prey: Helicopters in the South African Air Force"; 2017.
* Capt. Douglas John Bell MC & Bar. "The Sparrow and the Sopwith Camel"; 2016.
(Frontispiece of the Winter 2018 issue of the Royal Air Force Museum's magazine "Radar".)
* Sopwith Camel. "SAAF Museum, Swartkop - Zwartkop Scale Modellers' Sopwith Camel Scale Model Restoration Project"; 2016.
* Scale Modelling. "Recreating Life in Miniature"; 2016.
* South African Spitfire Restoration. "The Fire Within"; 2015.
Other artworks depict experiences and memories acquired during overland trips through Namibia and rural South Africa and subsequently also Botswana, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Merging visual, performing arts and music, she follows an integrative approach when presenting art workshops for groups and individuals through her "Colour and Chord Art Studio".
Hugo Naude Art School, Worcester.
Drawing, Painting and Ceramic Design & Manufacture.
History of Art.
1993 - 1996
Saint Luke Art School, Onrust River.
Jewelry Design and Manufacture.
University of South Africa (UNISA)
History of Art 1 and Graphic Art 1.
People who chose Juanita's work also chose work by: