Remove Li from your favorite artists list
Add Li to your favorite artists list
I started my creative career doing ceramics. After winning two awards I decided to pursue my love for art by enrolling at the Port Elizabeth Technikon Fine Art Department (now called The Nelson Mandela Metropole University) to do a National Diploma in Fine Art.
I have painted various subjects over the years but none have grab my attention as much as the ARUM LILY. The phallic bright yellow stamen, the luscious and mysterious folds of the petals, the spiral that links one to the other.
The level of interaction between the painting, the viewer and myself is always changing as you explore and discover different aspects of the work and yourselves, from technique, to the beauty of the flowers in their own right, to the delight and awakening of the deeper, more sensual connotations.
* Corobrick Regionals Eastern Cape - received The Goodwin's Gallery Award at The Clay School Award
* Art Cafe at Gallery - Port Elizabeth
* Commission Theater on the Bay - Camps Bay
* Commission Sourcetec.net - Cape Town
* Group Exhibition at The Barn - Olive Festival
* Group Exhibition at Riebeek Cellars - Shiraz Art Festival
2012 Group Exhibition at I Love My Laundry - Cape Town
2015 1st Solo Exhibition - The Gallery - Riebeek Kasteel
2015 Summertide Group Exhibition - The Gallery - Riebeek Kasteel
2016 Solo Studios - Riebeek Kasteel
2016 Summertime Group Exhibition - The Gallery - Riebeek Kasteel
ND Fine Art - Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
People who chose Li's work also chose work by: