Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 500mm x H: 400mm
W: 20" x H: 16"
This work is
This painting is stretched canvas and does not need to be framed.
Remove Dana from your favorite artists list
Add Dana to your favorite artists list
View all 8 works by Dana Pullen
In my art my objective is to produce work that will evoke a sense of the sublime. It is this tension between the infinite and the finite that makes one aware of the existence of the Divine; lifting us beyond the tangible confines of reality even as we become more aware of them.
I have experimented with a multi-disciplinary approach combining various media and methods to achieve a final 'image' which is, in some way, a distillation of an 'artistic' experience. These approaches include visual stimuli, automatic mark making, and conscious intervention in order to achieve an image which is highly personal and yet can be interpreted and understood in an individual, unique way by each viewer who experiences their own 'reality' when confronted with the completed art work. The relationships of the forms, lines and colours in my mixed media works are part of a dramatic and emotional meaning in which the formal relationships bear the meaning of the work.
My technique consists of layering various materials on to selected surfaces. In this way I reflect the layers of meaning, of evolution and experience that ultimately form the person we become. Each medium has its own language created by its unique properties. Applying the materials gesturally and freely I combine the techniques employed in printmaking, painting and drawing, adding or removing marks and effects to focus the composition while retaining a sense of space, light and mood which is intended to induce an experience of the sublime in the viewer
· Printmakers Exhibition. Cuyler Street Gallery, March 2000.
· Technikon Group Exhibition. National Festival of the Arts, Grahamstown. July 2000/2001.
· One Size, One Price Exhibition, Cuyler Street Gallery, April 2000.
· Great Stuff, Great Students Exhibition. PE Technikon, August 2000.
· Graduate Students Exhibition. PE Technikon, November 2000/ 2001.
· Honours Students Exhibition. Boardwalk Casino, November 2001.
Numerous group exhibitions in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, 2001/ 2002
· One Size, One Price Exhibition, Cuyler street Gallery, Port Elizabeth, May 2004
· Brett Kebble Eastern Cape Exhibition, EPSAC, Port Elizabeth June 2004
· EPSAC Annual Exhibition, EPSAC Bird street, Port Elizabeth
· Cinq Group Exhibition, EPSAC, Port Elizabeth, August 2005
· EISS Charity Exhibition, Port Alfred, September 2004.
· Group Exhibition, Cuyler Street Gallery, Port Elizabeth, April 2005.
· Inaugural Exhibition, The Square Modern Art Gallery, Port Alfred, June 2005.
B. Tech degree in Fine Art from Port Elizabeth Technikon
People who chose Dana's work also chose work by: