Acrylic on Board,
Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
Acrylic on Board
W: 585mm x H: 445mm x D: 25mm
W: 23" x H: 18" x D: 1"
Approx. Weight: 2.3kg
This work is
About "Drakensberg Sundowner"
This beautifull and famous mountain range was captured showing the iconic 'rhino horn'. Just as the it stopped raining the whole day till late afternoon the sun came out and we went for sundowners to the the river close by. It was now misty from the rains and the sun was filtering through this.
Remove Abe from your favorite artists list
Add Abe to your favorite artists list
View all 89 works by Abe Heuer
Born 1956 - Johannesburg. I was always artistic from a very young age. In my teens I did art mostly for myself, my family and friends. I was also interested in design and architecture and finally went on to study Interior Design in 1980/81 & 82.
Even though I did some formal training in fine art while studying I am mostly a self taught artist which I prefer. I don't like to learn from art teachers as this would affect my own methods of painting etc and helps me to become a more of a unique artist with my own style.
My work is in acrylics and in oils and I love both mediums. My paintings are not realistic renderings although they appear detailed. They are going towards a more emotive and organic expressiveness and at times semi-abstract especially my landscapes. My paintings have a very textile feel and look to them due to the textural finish of the painting which adds to the organic expressiveness. My subjects vary greatly from Still life to Landscapes / treescapes and seascapes to impressionistic work to Abstract work and abstract expressionism.
I greatly admire Jackson Pollock's total freedom of expression and his contribution as an abstract expressionist.
- Artist Under the Sun. - (1981 - 82)
- I worked as a professional in Interior Design as well as Interior/Exterior signage from 1983 until I took early retirement at the end of 2010 so that I can concentrate on my fine art on a full time basis.
- 2010 & 2011 I was working on my new works for outdoor exhibitions as well
as indoor art gallery exhibitions
- ArtiChoke Art Gallery, Magaliesburg. - 2012 - 2013
- Maropeng, Cradle of Humankind. - 2013 & 2014
- Artist Under the Sun. - (2014) (approved exhibitor)
- ISIS Gallery. (2014/2015) (Now closed)
- Alice Art Gallery. (2015)
- State of the Art Gallery on 6th.(2016)
- Chris Tugwell Gallery, Pretoria and
3 yrs Interior Design, early 80's - Wits Tech Dept Art & Design.
People who chose Abe's work also chose work by: