Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 230mm x H: 350mm
W: 9" x H: 14"
Approx. Weight: 5kg
This work is
About "Helmeted Guineafowl"
Bronze sculpture of the popular Guinea fowl. It is seen all over South Africa, scratching for food from the ground in rural settings. The sculpture is 3/4 the size of the bird and is fee standing.Edition of 6, with 4 available for purchase.
Remove Sarah from your favorite artists list
Add Sarah to your favorite artists list
View all 6 works by Sarah Richards
Sarah Richards is an established South African artist living in a country town called Nottingham Road, KwaZulu/Natal. She is known for her experimentation with a diversity of visual mediums. Her specialization in bronze sculpture explores her love of nature, form and movement, combining detail with gestural marks.
In commissioned work she merges the clients vision of their chosen animal/bird with her own expressive style:
Imagine your feelings, passion, delight or any special relationship you have with a wild/domestic animal captured forever in bronze. Working in close relationship with the client Sarah Richards creatively expresses the unique character traits of the bird/animal she sculpts. She will also do human form commissions and portrait busts.
Currently at several Galleries in KwaZulu/Natal,Gauteng and Cape
- NSA Gallery 1998 (solo) - small bronze and concrete sculpture
- Artseen The Grillroom Café, Innes Rd, Durban, August 2002.
- ArtSPACE Durban 29 August 2011 – Bronze sculpture and paintings - Further
- ArtSPACE Durban, February 2008, Masters Exhibition of Oil paintings - Forward
- Sardine Run mixed media mural – King Shaka Airport 2014
- Portrait bust of King Goodwill Zwelitini and Mandela for public park in Richards Bay 2014
- National Heritage Project Life-size figures of King Nyabela and Doman as part of a large project 2012 -2013
- Cane Cutter – life-size bronze for the Cane Growers Association to commemorate the arrival of the Indian
- cane cutters 2012
Lifesize Nyala for private game Farm development
- Fish Eagle for Nedbank Golf challenge as gift for
players (edition of 18)
Fine Art -Technikon Natal (1989) -Higher diploma
People who chose Sarah's work also chose work by: