Jacobs Bay 1
Jacobs Bay 1
Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 600mm x H: 400mm
W: 24" x H: 16"
Approx. Weight: 1kg
This work is
S - 1
About "Jacobs Bay 1"
The freshness,purity and honesty of the West Coast.
Remove Gaudie from your favorite artists list
Add Gaudie to your favorite artists list
View all 5 works by Gaudie van der Westhuysen
I was born in Pretoria but have lived in the Cape Province since 1980. I studied at the Pretoria Teachers Training College (NKP) and at the University of Pretoria.
As far as my art career is concerned, I studied at various art institutions.
* The Pretoria Technical College under Walter Battis.
* The University of South Africa under Prof. Skawran.
* The Kraft Pottery School in Pretoria under Andr[0xC3A9] Aucamp.
* The Pretoria Technicon.
* The Ruth Prowse Art School in Cape Town under Eric Laubsher.
* The Paris American Acadamy in France under Cruz Raphael Gomez-Lopez from Venezuela and Prof. E. Schonenberg from the USA.
**I have run three art schools, in Mossel Bay, Wellington and Paarl.My works can be found in private collections in South Africa and Germany.
----To be inspired by a scene or an event, and then to create an emotional reaction in the viewer ,by using a few strokes and colour on a blank canvas,must be the objective of a passionate
Trees,landscapes,buildings,street scenes, water, wild life,
flowers and portrait studies count amongst my favourite themes.
* The University of South Africa.
* The Strydom and Jordaan Gallery in George.
* The Civic Centre in Mosssel Bay.
* The Pavilion du Val-de-Grace in Paris ( where I was chosen
together with Andrew Verster to represent the RSA at an inter-
national art exhibition during 1987. This exhibition was
opened by Pres. Francois Mitterrand.)
* The Boland Art Centre in Paarl.
* The Gallery International in Cape Town.
* The Kontrei Gallery ( Zomerlust)in Paarl.
* The Simonsvlei Art exhibition in Paarl
People who chose Gaudie's work also chose work by: