Jacobs Bay 2
Jacobs Bay 2
Add to your Shopping Cart
Remove from your Shopping Cart
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 400mm x H: 600mm
W: 16" x H: 24"
Approx. Weight: 1kg
This work is
About "Jacobs Bay 2"
The freshness,purity and honesty of the West Coast
Remove Gaudie from your favorite artists list
Add Gaudie to your favorite artists list
View all 5 works by Gaudie van der Westhuysen
I was born in Pretoria but have lived in the Cape Province since 1980. I studied at the Pretoria Teachers Training College (NKP) and at the University of Pretoria.
As far as my art career is concerned, I studied at various art institutions.
* The Pretoria Technical College under Walter Battis.
* The University of South Africa under Prof. Skawran.
* The Kraft Pottery School in Pretoria under Andr[0xC3A9] Aucamp.
* The Pretoria Technicon.
* The Ruth Prowse Art School in Cape Town under Eric Laubsher.
* The Paris American Acadamy in France under Cruz Raphael Gomez-Lopez from Venezuela and Prof. E. Schonenberg from the USA.
**I have run three art schools, in Mossel Bay, Wellington and Paarl.My works can be found in private collections in South Africa and Germany.
----To be inspired by a scene or an event, and then to create an emotional reaction in the viewer ,by using a few strokes and colour on a blank canvas,must be the objective of a passionate
Trees,landscapes,buildings,street scenes, water, wild life,
flowers and portrait studies count amongst my favourite themes.
* The University of South Africa.
* The Strydom and Jordaan Gallery in George.
* The Civic Centre in Mosssel Bay.
* The Pavilion du Val-de-Grace in Paris ( where I was chosen
together with Andrew Verster to represent the RSA at an inter-
national art exhibition during 1987. This exhibition was
opened by Pres. Francois Mitterrand.)
* The Boland Art Centre in Paarl.
* The Gallery International in Cape Town.
* The Kontrei Gallery ( Zomerlust)in Paarl.
* The Simonsvlei Art exhibition in Paarl
People who chose Gaudie's work also chose work by: