Remove Alicia from your favorite artists list
Add Alicia to your favorite artists list
Influenced by early impressionists, Alicia uses nature as her inspiration. Her journey has led her to look beyond what's ordinarily visibly. Through exploration of objects in space, using light, shade and reflection, colour, form and texture she is able to use these elements to express herself on canvas. Alicia has developed a highly visible, personal and vibrant style. Her paintings of simplified, enlarged and isolated natural forms expresses the spirituality of nature and of herself. Alicia lives by the concept that art and one's senses are inseparable. Sensuality is realized in the simplified design of her floral forms the human figure and other natural elements.
Always looking for new challenges, she became a founding member of 'The Drawing Room' studio of Artists. The group meet weekly to share & enrich their passion for art, find opportunities to exhibit their works and to expand their knowledge & expertise through attending workshops, going on painting excursions and visiting galleries.
Alicia is a member and approved exhibitor of Artist Under The Sun at Zoo Lake. She regularly exhibits at various galleries in and around Johannesburg and as far afield as Colesburg in the Free State, Magaliesburg in the North West Province, Mpumalanga and Port Elizabeth.
Her works can be found in homes and in corporate companies throughout South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, UK and the USA.
• Family Life Centre – Parktown - Johannesburg
• Dastkari Gallery – Midrand – Johannesburg
• Peppertree Gallery - Colesburg
• Spark Gallery – Norwood – Johannesburg
• IDC – Sandton – Johannesburg
• Crafty Peacock – Henley on Klip
• Kliphuis Gallery – Henley on Klip
• 3 Artists – Melville – Johannesburg
• Approved Exhibitor at Zoo Lake – Parktown - Johannesburg
* Out & Out Gallery - Henley on Klip
* Paspatoo Gallery - Rivonia
* Featured on 'Egoli' a local TV show
* Mandela Civic Theatre
* Positive 2006 - Sun City
* Rosslyn Gallery - Parkhurst Johannesburg
* Art on the Farm - Lemon Rose Farm - Johannesburg
* Art at Carnival - Johannesburg
* Keith Johns Gallery - Port Elizabeth
* Ruwach Gallery - Port Elizabeth
* Die Blou Vrou - Port Elizabeth
* Elaine Hopewell Gallery - Port Elizabeth
No formal art traing.
People who chose Alicia's work also chose work by: