Theo Paul does not currently have any pieces available here - if you are interested in this artist's work please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Remove Theo Paul from your favorite artists list
Add Theo Paul to your favorite artists list
About Theo Paul
Theo Paul Vorster was born in Oranjemund, Namibia and currently resides in Cape Town, South Africa.
Theo started taking art classes at school and went on to study BA Graphic Art at The University of Stellenbosch (S.A) spesializing in printmaking. He pursued Art full time from 1996 onwards.
Originally only focusing on silkscreen and etching, Theo started experimenting with Lino in 2006 as he was looking for other print mediums to work with. Theo loved working with the Lino and its three dimensional feel. The black and white print also allowed him to experiment with color.
The Lino cut is completed and only a limited edition Lino prints are made and hand printed by the artist on 300 gram 50% cotton paper and then individually hand colored with acrylic. The Original Lino is colored in oil and is also sold.
This unique practice ensures exclusivity as a very limited edition is available to the local and international markets.
Theo's work is at all times represented by many galleries countrywide.
As a full time artist Theo also teaches figure study at the Durbanville and Bellville art centres and chairs the Gallery committee that organizes various exhibitions of up and coming and well known South African artists. Lately, he has been working in and exploring new mediums such woodcarving, charcoal, watercolors, and pastels
S.A Exhibition highlights:
• 3 mediums - ArtB,1999
• Etching exhibition - KKNK ,Oudtshoorn, 1999
• Printmaking and Silk-screening exhibition - Sanlam Art Gallery, 1999
• Trilogy - ArtB,Sanlam Art Gallery, 2002
• Puzzles - Rust en Vrede Art Gallery, 2003
• Twenty Ten - Group exhibition for the Suidooster Festival, 2004
• Group exhibition KKNK , 2005
• Lino Solo Exhibition - Rust and Vrede Art Gallery,2006
• Artwords - Group Exhibition, Rust and Vrede Art Gallery, 2006
• Lino Solo Exhibition - Edward Hotel - Port Elizabeth , 2007
• Alphabet - Mixed Media Solo Exhibition for the Cape Town Festival , 2007
• "Voel met die Af Vlerk" Group exhibition - Cultevaria Festival,Paarl ,2007
• Envited Group Cultevaria , 2007
• Falling form my mind Solo exhibition - Rust and Vrede Art Gallery ,2008
• Festival Artist Cultivaria Festival,Paarl, 2008
• Group exhibition "Lag Lag" with Hardy Botha at 'Stellenbosch Woordfees' , 2009
• Group exhibition Animal - Veo Art Gallery,Greenpoint, Cape Town , 2009
• Solo exhibition - Lino in oil and print - De Kraal Gallery ,Paarl ,2009
• Solo Exhibition - Lino in oil and print - Salon C, Rust and Vrede Art Gallery, 2009
• Group project for Lower Quarter/ Abu Dahbi - Wood carving and lino ,2009
• Group exhibition Baljaar Lino and oil - Woordfees, Stellenbosch , 2010
• Solo exhibition - In Translation. Mixed media , Rust and Vrede Gallery,Durbanville ,Cape Town , 2010
• Solo exhibition - In Relation.Lino and Oil , Red chimney , Boston,Bellville Cape Town , October 2010
• Solo Exhibition - Jetsam , Oil on Wood ,Salon C , Rust and Vrede Art Gallery, Durbanville, February 2011
• Solo Exhibition - Still Life, Rust and Vrede Art gallery , 2011
People who chose Theo Paul's work also chose work by: