Red Hot Horizon
Red Hot Horizon
Sorry but this work has already been sold. may be willing to undertake a commission.
Remove from your favorite works list
Add to your favorite works list
Send as an eCard!
W: 1230mm x H: 1230mm x D: 50mm
W: 48" x H: 48" x D: 2"
Approx. Weight: 11kg
This work is
framed (but can be supplied either framed or unframed)
About "Red Hot Horizon"
Visualisation of earth at a critical margin in terms of global warming.
Remove Beverley from your favorite artists list
Add Beverley to your favorite artists list
View all 9 works by Beverley de Lange
MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST:
CURRICULUM VITAE of Bev de Lange
1958. Born in Port Elizabeth.
Studied art until matric at school, also studied under the guidance of Rina Badenhorst in the early nineties.
Professional qualifications include diploma’s in general nursing, midwifery, as well as medical and surgical nursing science (operating theatre sister). Have just completed a B.A. Visual Art degree through U.N.I.S.A.
1993 - participated in a group exhibition.
1995 - work selected for annual exhibition of Eastern Province society of art and
1996 - work selected for annual exhibition (EPSAC).
1997 - work selected for annual exhibition (EPSAC).
1997 - participated in a joint exhibition of works in a variety of media at Creative Design
1998 - participated by invitation in the ORT (organization for remedial teaching),
exhibition, at the EPSAC gallery, Port Elizabeth.
1999 - work selected for Renaissance exhibition, King Georges Art Gallery, (now Nelson
Mandela Metropolitan Museum).
- work selected for EPSAC annual.
2000 – painting and sculpture selected for EPSAC annual.
2002 - participated in seascape exhibition, Cuyler street gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- participated in ORT exhibition, EPSAC gallery.
- various exhibitions, River road gallery.
- Poetry selected and published, in the book entitled, ‘Weaving the fabric’, for the
Goteberg / Port Elizabeth partnership.
2003 - work selected for EPSAC annual
2004 - Sculpture (installation), formed part of ‘Who’s Who and Whats new exhibition’,
at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan museum, Port Elizabeth.
- works selected for EPSAC annual.
- awarded the Presidents cup for, ‘most promising artist’, EPSAC annual
- works formed part of a group exhibition at the William Humphrey Gallery in
2005 - works selected for EPSAC annual
- completed B.A. Visual Art Degree, U.N.I.S.A
- Exhibition of sculpture as well as works from final U.N.I.S.A. exhibition for the
B.A. in visual Arts at the Cuyler Street Gallery in Port Elizabeth..
2006 - solo exhibition of new works exhibited in August at Cuyler Street Gallery, Port
- participated in the no signatures exhibition at the Cuyler Street Gallery in Port
- Work selected for the E PSAC annual.
- participated in the, WHO’S WHO AND WHAT’S NEW exhibition at the Nelson
Mandela Metropolitan Musuem.
- registered for a Masters Degree in Fine Art at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan
- participated in the no signatures exhibition at Cuyler Street
Gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- Participated in the HIV/Aids exhibition at the Red Location Museum NewBrighton, Port Elizabeth end2007/2008
2008 - Participated in the WHO’S WHO AND WHAT’S NEW exhibition at the Nelson
Mandela Metropolitan Musuem end 2007/2008.
registered for a Masters Degree in Fine Art at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University - in 210 completed a Masters in Fine Art graduating Cum Laude
2010 - one of seventeen artists work selected for the Biennale at the Nelson Mandela Metroploitan Museum.
Works form part of private collections both nationally and internationally including the United States of America, United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.
Will take up a sojourn to the Cite apartments in Paris in JUly/August of 2010.
Registered for D.Lit phil qualification in Fine Art through UNISA
2012 work at present on exhibition at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Musuem in Port Elizabeth.
B.A. Fine Art UNISA, Masters in Fine Art Nelson Mandela Metropol
People who chose Beverley's work also chose work by: