Remove Abe from your favorite artists list
Add Abe to your favorite artists list
Born 1956 - Johannesburg. I was always artistic from a very young age. In my teens I did art mostly for myself, my family and friends. I was also interested in design and architecture and finally went on to study Interior Design in 1980/81 & 82.
Even though I did some formal training in fine art while studying I am mostly a self taught artist which I prefer. I don't like to learn from art teachers as this would affect my own methods of painting etc and helps me to become a more of a unique artist with my own style.
My work is in acrylics and in oils and I love both mediums. My paintings are not realistic renderings although they appear detailed. They are going towards a more emotive and organic expressiveness and at times semi-abstract especially my landscapes. My paintings have a very textile feel and look to them due to the textural finish of the painting which adds to the organic expressiveness. My subjects vary greatly from Still life to Landscapes / treescapes and seascapes to impressionistic work to Abstract work and abstract expressionism.
I greatly admire Jackson Pollock's total freedom of expression and his contribution as an abstract expressionist.
- Artist Under the Sun. - (1981 - 82)
- I worked as a professional in Interior Design as well as Interior/Exterior signage from 1983 until I took early retirement at the end of 2010 so that I can concentrate on my fine art on a full time basis.
- 2010 & 2011 I was working on my new works for outdoor exhibitions as well
as indoor art gallery exhibitions
- ArtiChoke Art Gallery, Magaliesburg. - 2012 - 2013
- Maropeng, Cradle of Humankind. - 2013 & 2014
- Artist Under the Sun. - (2014) (approved exhibitor)
- ISIS Gallery. (2014/2015) (Now closed)
- Alice Art Gallery. (2015)
- State of the Art Gallery on 6th.(2016)
- Chris Tugwell Gallery, Pretoria and
3 yrs Interior Design, early 80's - Wits Tech Dept Art & Design.
People who chose Abe's work also chose work by: